[Development] Moc with clang.

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Jul 2 15:04:35 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Olivier Goffart <olivier at woboq.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For those who do not read planetqt.org, I would like to mention here that
> have experimented to re-implement the moc (MetaObject Compiler) using
> liblang
> as a parser.
>
> The blog post say it all:  http://woboq.com/blog/moc-with-clang.html

I have to admit, even though I read this back then, you have interesting
experiments published on your blog. This is not the first one. I recall the
C++ way of property binding. It is nice to read these. :-)

It is really promising. But I don't think it can replace moc because having
> dependency on libclang is probably not something we want to have in Qt.

So, it could not be even optional because clang is not mature enough on
Windows, and in other scenarios or there is any other reason?

Laszlo