[Development] Qt Linguist - Some requests

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Thu Jul 11 07:56:35 CEST 2013

On 11 Jul 2013, at 12:10 AM, Vincent wrote:

> Le mercredi 10 juillet 2013, Oswald Buddenhagen a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 03:49:30PM +0200, Hans Schmidt wrote:
> > I tried to translate an application with Qt Linguist. While doing this,
> > I noticed the following things: [...]
> >
> > It would be good if some of these issues could be addressed.
> >
> the correct venue to make such requests is bugreports.qt-project.org.
> there you'll notice that most of these issues are already reported in
> some way.
> however, it's unlikely that anything will actually happen, as nobody in
> the community has currently allocated any resources to the development
> of linguist. you may change that by contracting digia or somebody else.
>
> Does it mean Linguist is not the correct/recommended tool for translating Qt applications?

That was surely a pessimistic view.  There's nothing stopping anyone from fixing problems or adding features one-by-one (except for the matter of getting around to it ;-) and some of the suggestions don't sound very hard to implement either.  It's also a good idea to keep writing bugs/suggestions, or update them when they were written against older Qt versions but still apply to the current one.