[Development] Android missing SONAME in lib's causes

Simon Lees simon.lees at codan.com.au
Thu Jul 11 03:01:30 CEST 2013

On 07/10/2013 07:30 PM, development-request at qt-project.org wrote:
> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:12:11 -0300
> From: Rafael Roquetto <rafael.roquetto at kdab.com>
> Subject: Re: [Development] Android missing SONAME in lib's causes
> 	issues with cmake
> To: Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com>
> Cc: development at qt-project.org
>
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 10:40:46AM +0200, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:32:19 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>>> and confirmed this. I don't know what causes it. I think it's a cmake
>>> issue,  rather than a Qt issue.
>> Sorry, I read your mail more closely, and I think you're right about the
>> problem being that the Qt binaries do not have SONAME set.
> I had exactly the same issue when trying to build some cmake project
> for Qt on BB10. Turns out that the BB10 linker was not automatically setting
> SONAME on the generated shared libs. Passing -soname to the compiler driver
> explicitly via CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG addressed the problem. By
> taking a quick look at the Android toolchain file, I haven't found anything
> like that, so maybe it is something worth a shot?
>
> Thanks,
> Rafael
Hi,

I have tried adding
set (CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG
"${CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG} -soname")
and alternatively
set (CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG "-soname")
To both my CMakeLists.txt and the toolchain file (One at a time) Neither
have helped, is this what you meant? If it is can you send me a copy of
your config files so i can look for differences. I am using the android
toolchain file from the same location as Stephen.

  Can anyone point me in the right direction to building Qt with a
SONAME in android, my knowledge of Qt's build system is even more
limited then my knowledge of cmake.

PS sorry if i break email threading, i am only subscribed to the Digest
for this list

Simon