[Development] Android missing SONAME in lib's causes

Rafael Roquetto rafael.roquetto at kdab.com
Thu Jul 11 14:41:13 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 09:14:39AM -0300, Rafael Roquetto wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:31:30AM +0930, Simon Lees wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tried adding
> > set (CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG
> > "${CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG} -soname")
> > and alternatively
> > set (CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG "-soname")
> > To both my CMakeLists.txt and the toolchain file (One at a time) Neither
> > have helped, is this what you meant? If it is can you send me a copy of
> > your config files so i can look for differences. I am using the android
> > toolchain file from the same location as Stephen.
>
> You can take a look at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/QNX.cmake for
> instance, to see whatis being passed to the QNX compiler. It may be that your
> problem has a different cause. One thing you could do is try to build the
> library manually, replicating the compiler/linker line cmake uses, and tweak
> it to see if this is really the compiler that is not adding SONAME to the
> libs. Just an idea.

Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood the issue. I thought the problem was that
some libs that were being built against Qt libs were not carrying SONAME, not
Qt binaries themselves. If Qt binaries aren't carrying SONAME, then it has
nothing to do with CMake, but with the way Qt for Android is being built. I
still think either the wrong flags are being passed to the compiler driver or
that it has to do with your Android toolchain configuration. Check how Qt is
being built, what's being passed to the compilers, the android mkspecs, etc...

Rafael

--
Rafael Roquetto | rafael.roquetto at kdab.com | Software Engineer

Join us in October at Qt Developer Days 2013! - https://devdays.kdab.com