[Development] Android missing SONAME in lib's causes

Rafael Roquetto rafael.roquetto at kdab.com
Thu Jul 11 14:14:39 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:31:30AM +0930, Simon Lees wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried adding
> set (CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG
> "${CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG} -soname")
> and alternatively
> set (CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG "-soname")
> To both my CMakeLists.txt and the toolchain file (One at a time) Neither
> have helped, is this what you meant? If it is can you send me a copy of
> your config files so i can look for differences. I am using the android
> toolchain file from the same location as Stephen.

You can take a look at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/QNX.cmake for
instance, to see whatis being passed to the QNX compiler. It may be that your
problem has a different cause. One thing you could do is try to build the
library manually, replicating the compiler/linker line cmake uses, and tweak
it to see if this is really the compiler that is not adding SONAME to the
libs. Just an idea.

--
Rafael Roquetto | rafael.roquetto at kdab.com | Software Engineer

Join us in October at Qt Developer Days 2013! - https://devdays.kdab.com