[Development] Changelogs for Qt 5.1.x and 5.2

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jul 16 17:55:47 CEST 2013

On terça-feira, 16 de julho de 2013 14.40.25, Mitch Curtis wrote:
> > No. It's intentionally different so it does not match those. It might be
> > more than one line, so it needs to be a full paragraph. If you use
> > colons, the gerrit hook to add the Change-Id will add it in the same
> > paragraph. We don't want that.
>
> What would a full, compliant commit message look like (without the
> [ChangeLog] notation)?

Remove fully-decoded QUrl user info and authority sections

Those sections contain more than one components of a URL, separated by
delimiters. For that reason, QUrl::FullyDecoded and QUrl::DecodedMode do
not make sense, since they would cause the returned value to be
ambiguous and/or fail to parse again.

In fact, there was a comment in the test saying "look how it becomes
ambiguous".

Those modes are already forbidden in the setters and getters of the full
URL (setUrl(), url(), toString() and toEncoded()).

[ChangeLog][Important Behavior Changes][QUrl and QUrlQuery] QUrl no
longer supports QUrl::FullyDecoded mode in authority() and userInfo(),
nor QUrl::DecodedMode in setAuthority() and setUserInfo().

Change-Id: I538f7981a9f5a09f07d3879d31ccf6f0c8bfd940

See:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/60266
https://codereview.qt-project.org/60425