[Development] Changelogs for Qt 5.1.x and 5.2

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 21:45:11 CEST 2013

On 16 July 2013 17:55, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> [ChangeLog][Important Behavior Changes][QUrl and QUrlQuery] QUrl no
> longer supports QUrl::FullyDecoded mode in authority() and userInfo(),
> nor QUrl::DecodedMode in setAuthority() and setUserInfo().

I 100% agree with having the changelog entry in the commit message,
but I fear the complexity there. We should try to work towards
error-proof entries -- I fear that too many people will mispell
"Important Behavior Changes" or similar, causing frustation when the
sanity bots complains.

Can we devise something simpler? Can we also put in our policies an
example of how a changelog file is structured, and what are the right
tags to use to add an entry to a given section?

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo