[Development] Changelogs for Qt 5.1.x and 5.2

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Wed Jul 17 09:34:04 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:22:55PM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> 3) the format for the changelog is:
>
> a) auto-guess module from the paths changed
> [ChangeLog] Here is my slightly verbose text explaining that I've done
> something awesome and should tell people about it.

so be it.
fwiw, it might be possible to use syncqt output (or code) to do (much
of) the inferring.

> b) explicit heading in the changelog:
> [ChangeLog]
> [Important Behavior Changes]

this is overly verbose. also, people already manage to "misspell"
ChangeLog in every imaginable way. it must be something short and
memorable - maybe "[!]" or something like that.

> [ChangeLog][QtCore][QUrl / QUrlQuery] Blah blah blah

adding additional "untagged" information is a recipe for chaos.

you should make it as terse and formal as reasonable. then i can trim
the sanity bot to identify changelog entries and moan about (likely)
mistakes.