[Development] Bug management and jira workflow

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Tue Jul 23 15:27:01 CEST 2013

On Tuesday 23 July 2013 14:03:48 Mitch Curtis wrote:

> [...] most of the bugs created go without any markup (which
> means code turns into a mess, text dumps aren't wrapped within a scroll
> area, etc.), the help for which is available through that same "?" icon.

Which is why I would like that jira display the comment in monospace with line
break on by default.

I reported an issue about that at the very beginning, but nothing was done.
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTJIRA-88

> [...]
> Regardless, if we're making changes to Jira, we could add a line of red
> text under the priority field that shows up when a high priority is
> selected, to inform the user that the priority they've selected has
> certain criteria that the bug has to meet.

I beleive that the ones that are going to request it will have read the wiki
about or jira workflow and then will know that.
It's not so easy to change JIRA and I don't think it's worth it.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org