[Development] FW: Proposal for RFC like feature process

Bubke Marco Marco.Bubke at digia.com
Thu Jul 25 11:36:33 CEST 2013

Hi

There are now many new feature proposals popping up on the mailing list. Sometime there is a link to a wiki page, JIRA etc.. You can easily get lost. The result are more hard designable (we working on the qml designer) features and Qml has more than enough already. So I propose something like the PEPs of Python: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/ It is working very well for them.

Lets call it Qt Enhancement Proposal(QEP).

In short you publish a  QEP on the wiki and add it to the QEP list so everybody can find it. There will be a discussion about it on the mailing list. The arguments will be compressed in the QEP and then there will be a decision. The QEP will stay so if somebody come up again he can be pointed to the QEP.

This worked very well for Python and so far I know most other languages(and many projects) have simular process.

Yes it sound like more work but I think in the end it is less.

Regards, Marco