[Development] QtCS - QtCore discussion
thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 26 22:37:01 CEST 2013
Notes are at http://qt-project.org/groups/qt-contributors-summit-2013/wiki/QtCore_CS_2013
This is a summary of the important topics. For more info, please refer to the
- QFileSelector: I asked Alan to finish discussing it during Akademy with the
KDE / Plasma folks, then submit for 5.2. I will review for syntactic
correctness, but the API will be up to Alan.
- kernel: need to finish converting QMetaType from the "static" API to the
"staticless" API, to remove code duplication due to template bloat.
- kernel: would be nice to research what we'd need from the C++ language to
make this work better, and submit to the standards committee.
- kernel: generalise the connection API. Main use-case: QTimer::singleShot.
- exception-safety: we discussed a bit and we ended up concluding that:
=> we will roll back exception safety support in all of Qt <=
that is, we will stop promising any level of exception safety, even in the
- calendaring, timezone, unicode and ICU: please see John's post.
- threading: we need to improve the API. We have some contributions from Jabot
pending. We discussed that we need to document what our currently-recommended
solutions are, so we find out what we're bad at, and then design an API to
solve those needs.
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Development