[Development] Bug management and jira workflow

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jul 30 17:33:48 CEST 2013

On terça-feira, 30 de julho de 2013 11:00:22, Blasche Alexander wrote:
> How do I set an estimation value? There must be a way to specify the
> estimation/target. Please don’t offer the Meta task for release x.y option
> or just a comment. A filter must be able to find the tasks planned for
> release x.y .

The idea from the people in the discussion was that we shouldn't estimate.
We're very bad at it.

Instead of estimating, I'd go for some generic names that match the branches:
	any release
	any minor (feature) release
	any major release

This is not estimation, it's just information about which type of release can
contain the change. And those won't require jolly-bumping of versions after a
release.