[Development] Clarification on Mac 10.6 support for Qt 5.2

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at digia.com
Wed Jun 5 12:44:16 CEST 2013

On 6/5/13 9:32 , Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Can we not still target OS X 10.6 while using libc++?
> (provided of course that libc++ is also shipped with that application in
> addition to Qt for that platform)

Building upstream libc++ for 10.6 is not really supported from what I
can tell, so we would have to use an older libc++ that still supported
it. Also, the Xcode toolchain's clang has a hard-coded check that you're
targeting 10.7+ if you're using libc++, so you'd have to use upstream
llvm without the check as well :/

So perhaps possible, but not really practical AFAICT.

tor arne