[Development] Making docs being built for every module

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Thu Jun 6 18:51:44 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 01:07:06PM -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Thursday 06 June 2013 08:58:53 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On quinta-feira, 6 de junho de 2013 17.57.08, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > > for the packagers, it would be the best solution to simply include the
> > > docs directly into the particular source tarballs.
> >
> > The drawback is a major increase in the size of those tarballs.

hmm, yeah. what are the numbers?

> And some of us would be required to re generate in order to asset that
> we can build it from source, so it wouldn't help a lot.

that seems like absurd puritanism to me. are you also required to run
autoconf even though each source tarball contains a pre-made configure?
also, some time ago, qt didn't come with all the sources, so you were
forced to use pre-generated artificats. did you refuse to ship that?

regards