[Development] Qt 5.1 installers ready for testing

Axel Waggershauser awagger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 11:18:20 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com> wrote:
>> Subject: Re: [Development] Qt 5.1 installers ready for testing
>>
>> What about a windows mingw "non-opengl" (a.k.a. ANGLE) package? Any plans
>> regarding that? If there should be a perceived lack of interest:
>> I am interested :).
>
> Just out of interest, why would you prefer ANGLE packages over OpenGL?

To benefit from the advantages that ANGLE was introduced for in the
first place: getting better overall stability/usability due to
avoiding the myriad of buggy/outdated OpenGL drivers out there. Also,
I started a recent project with the mingw ANGLE installer for 5.0.1
(the only mingw installer provided up until now) and although I am
really happy to be able to play around with proper OpenGL now, I'd
still very much welcome (rely on, actually) being able to ship this
one project linked against ANGLE.

Ideal of course, would be, if this would eventually be merged down to
one package with a link-time switch, maybe even a runtime switch.

 - Axel