[Development] a bit big change in qtquickcontrols recently

Qi Liang Liang.Qi at digia.com
Fri Jun 14 10:17:32 CEST 2013

Hi, all,

https://codereview.qt-project.org/58674
https://github.com/qtproject/qtquickcontrols/commit/41e13d3746c8b7b5cd550091c63fd8ab066422cf

The issue was raised just from yesterday, more details in the jira report.

My understand for the issue is:
QtQuickControls is the first common non-cpp qt quick module. Most of source code is QML and JS, not CPP. Before that change, they will be installed into a directory. After that change, all files are organized by the .qrc file, then in the binary.

Yes, it could simplify the package or deployment work very much.

But for me, as a developer, I can't use QML debugger to switch QML code from my own into the libraries any more. Then I think it's not an improvement in this meaning.

Just my own 2 cents.

Regards,
Liang