[Development] a bit big change in qtquickcontrols recently

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 18:17:01 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM, Qi Liang <Liang.Qi at digia.com> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-31565
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/58674
> https://github.com/qtproject/qtquickcontrols/commit/41e13d3746c8b7b5cd550091c63fd8ab066422cf
>
> The issue was raised just from yesterday, more details in the jira report.
>
> My understand for the issue is:
> QtQuickControls is the first common non-cpp qt quick module. Most of source code is QML and JS, not CPP. Before that change, they will be installed into a directory. After that change, all files are organized by the .qrc file, then in the binary.
>
> Yes, it could simplify the package or deployment work very much.
>
> But for me, as a developer, I can't use QML debugger to switch QML code from my own into the libraries any more. Then I think it's not an improvement in this meaning.

Can't we get the best of both worlds by having the packaging be part
of the deployment template? I.e. it's in separate QML files, but
there's a creator template or build step which will QRC all dependent
QML files including selected imports?

You'll want that sort of approach anyways, because otherwise any
QtQuick.Controls using applications will have to suffer the exact same
drawbacks on their application code (worse debugging and maintenance
(keeping all those qrc files up to date)).

--
Alan Alpert