[Development] Qt Documentation discoverability in Google

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 05:10:08 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 24 de junho de 2013 15.50.17, Knoll Lars wrote:

>> >That's more or less what I proposed to do in
>> >https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTWEBSITE-504 , but I don't
>> >know the control we have on qt.nokia.com / doc.trolltech.com
>> >domains...
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't think we have any control on them :/
>
> Do we need to?
>
> $ curl -s -D - http://doc.qt.nokia.com/foobar.html | grep Location:
> Location: http://doc.qt.digia.com/foobar.html
>
> $  curl -v -s -D - http://doc.trolltech.com/foobar.html
> * About to connect() to doc.trolltech.com port 80 (#0)
> *   Trying 87.238.50.204... No route to host
>
> It would be nice if the Digia domain redirected to the official docs in qt-
> project.org/doc.
>
> And as a side note, any chance we can get an automatic search-and-redirect
> too? If I use "qt:qstring" in KDE, I get sent to
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/index.html
>
> The old TT webpage suggested pages if I had misspelt anything.

I liked this feature too, vote for
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTWEBSITE-528 !

I presume that JIRA is a good place for filing website feature
requests. The relevant people presumably watch their JIRA
notifications more closely than the dev list.

--
Alan Alpert