[Development] Qt 5.2

Qi Liang Liang.Qi at digia.com
Wed Jun 26 17:21:56 CEST 2013

Another situation we should avoid is the relations between stable and release after branch.

5.1.0 is still not out yet, after branch, many fixes for critical issues still went into stable branch, and there is no merge happened from stable into release. Then some cherry-pick happened from stable to release. Duplicate commits happened several times which I had seen by now.

I suggest:
After release branched from stable, the review of the commits in stable branch should be monitored by someone or team, they should decide whether the commits should go to release branch or not very carefully.

Otherwise, we should do merge from stable to release before the final release happen, but will cause some extra work to release team and others.

Regards,
Liang