[Development] Qt 5.2

Sean Harmer sh at theharmers.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 23:07:42 CEST 2013

On 26/06/2013 07:58, Knoll Lars wrote:
> On 26.06.13 01:48, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>>> I prefer/hope this module can be added, It's should added in Qt 5.1 as
>>> plan, but it not. then It's plan adding in Qt5.2, It's seems still not?
>>> no, no. please.
>>> If it's still no way, could you please explain why?
> We have time based releases and include the modules that are ready. Sean
> did send a mail about Qt 3D explaining why it's not part of 5.1 to the
> mailing list some time earlier this year.
>
> Whether it'll be part of 5.2 depends on whether someone does the actual
> work in time (ie. Whether it's high enough on someone's priority list).

We are aiming to get something ready for 5.2. James and I have been
working on this and discussing it with Pasi and we will push some stuff
upstream in the next few weeks. I do not yet know if the API will be
stable for 5.2 and we'll have to call it a tech preview or not. Time
will tell. Also there's things in the OpenGL support in QtGui that we
also need to improve - textures being a big one.

Cheers,

Sean

believed to be clean.