[Development] FYI: mass disabling of (apparently) dead JIRA accounts

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Thu Jun 27 20:59:02 CEST 2013

moin,

i shut down some tens of jira accounts that appear to belong to departed
colleagues, to reduce the confusion when assigning tasks and assessing
the likelihood of something getting fixed (not all accounts were
helpfully marked with "closed nokia identity", and i'd like to get rid
of that anyway).
caveats:
- if your account was disabled but you were no zombie to start with, you
  should complain, obviously. however, i'll demand a blood test. ;)
- this disabling also affects gerrit accounts. so if you didn't use your
  jira account for a long time and it escaped my attention that you
  actually are an active contributor under that account, you may find
  yourself locked out. just give me a heads-up, and we'll figure it
  out.
- in a few accounts which clearly are used i changed @nokia.com =>
  @digia.com where i knew that the person was transferred (or re-hired
  later). however, i can't check every nokia account...
- from some active accounts i removed "real name extensions" which were
  clearly meant to disambiguate them from the now deactivated accounts.
  just in case you wonder...
- if you still find zombie accounts that should be disabled, let me know
  as well.