[Development] QJsonDocument formatting

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 22:19:17 CET 2013

Hello,
I'd like to propose a new method added to the QJsonDocument class:
   QJsonDocument::toFormattedJson(int indent, bool compact)

QJsonPrivate::Writer currently supports these features but unfortunately
there is no way to get to it from the public API. Ideally, these options
would be available to us in the toJson() method, but I understand that we
are dealing with BC issues in the 5.x tree now. So I have two questions:

a) are there any immediate objections to adding this
b) is it likely that we can get this in for the 5.1 release?

Barring any issues I can have a patch on code review asap.

Regards,
Matt