[Development] Situation with QMacCocoaViewContainer / QMacNactiveWidget in Qt 5

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Mon Mar 11 11:48:04 CET 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 5:12 AM, Jake Thomas Petroules <jake.petroules at petroules.com> wrote:

> Are QMacCocoaViewContainer and QMacNativeWidget going to be implemented in some Qt 5.x? I understand we currently have some implementation in QtMacExtras, however the header files are still there in Qt 5 Widgets, and documented (but you obviously can't link since they are not implemented) - https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtwidgets/qmaccocoaviewcontainer.html, https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtwidgets/qmacnativewidget.html.
>
> I imagine we will be letting QtMacExtras provide these widgets. If that's the case why are the headers still in Qt 5 and why are they documented as being part of QtWidgets?

Because we forgot to remove them for 5.0.

I'm considering "enabling" the classes in QtWidgets again. They would then use the QWindow-based implementation in the platform plugin which the QtMacExtras classes are already a thin wrapper around.

The benefits are Qt 4 compatibility and less widgets outside of QtWidgets. I think we'll have to wait for the outcome of the "native type converters" discussion before deciding.

Morten