[Development] [DOC ERR] Errors on the Emitter docs

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Fri May 10 00:56:35 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Matteo Brichese <mbrichese at came.it> wrote:
> Hi, I'll register myself for bug-submitting soon (I'm behind a proxy right now).
>
> However, who is controlling the docs? There is a huge amount of missing info on the latest docs, I need to work with particles system and the docs is very limited, it say that I need to use Affected element with onAffectedParticles for managing existing particles but there is no docs on that event, I need to use onGestureStarted event from a MultiPointTouchArea, but there is no docs for the gesture element that is linked with the event and so on...
>
> Where can I find some more info? I have to browse the code and read the comments?
> How can I help improving docs?

The two ways of helping to improve the docs are to file bugs (
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ - reporting them to this list means
they'll get lost) when a deficiency is found, or to submit new docs
(hard to do if you're trying to figure it out yourself). For the
severe case of missing docs, filing a bug to make the developers aware
of this is usually enough. Existing but confusing docs are harder to
fix, often for that it helps to submit a patch as well with suggested
rewording.

If you're looking for more info when the docs are missing (after you
filed the bug), check the Qt examples to see an example of how the
feature is used.

For Particles specifically you can set the component to Declarative
(QML). I don't think there's a separate Particles component in JIRA.
Otherwise if you don't know the specific component file it under
Documentation (but specific components are better).

--
Alan Alpert