[Development] Taking the new download system into production

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Fri May 17 13:37:19 CEST 2013

On 15.5.2013 16.49, "Jaroslaw Staniek" <staniek at kde.org> wrote:

>On 5 April 2013 16:01, Turunen Tuukka <Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have already ten mirrors from three continents active for the new
>> download service of the Qt Project, and more are on their way. With the
>>new
>> MirrorBrain based setup is it very easy to become a mirror for Qt - and
>>even
>> more importantly it is seamless for the user to benefit from the nearby
>> mirrors.
>
>Hello,
>By the way, I am looking for somewhat credible place to upload .tgz
>files (Qt sources + small addons) for Alpha release of Qt for Tizen,
>set to May 20.  Would be it possible to use download.qt-project.org is
>should we start looking for more external place?
>
>[1] http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-for-Tizen-Roadmap

We should agree practice for the community build maintainers.

Would the existing maintainer model fit this purpose?

The approach could be, e.g.:

1. We agree together that there is something we want to have with Qt (such
has already been to large extent agreed for more MinGW configurations,
Ministro Android distribution and  Tizen).

2. There exists someone who wants to provide the builds

3. Nomination of the build maintainer is done according to our governance
model (similar to other maintainers)

4. Sysadmin creates needed access for the appointed maintainer to place
packages into download.qt-project.org (e.g. under community builds)

Yours,

Tuukka