[Development] Webkit for Android

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at digia.com
Thu May 23 13:11:29 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 15. May 2013 10.55.44 Ɓukasz Korbel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to know what are the plans for QtWebkit for Android? Is it going to
> be released in 5.1?

A version of QtWebKit that runs on Android is not going to be part of Qt 5.1.

During the recent WebKit upstream project changes all Android code was removed
and so at this point I don't think we can make any commitment even towards Qt
5.2.

That said, on Android it might make sense to differentiate between having
access to QtWebKit and being able to embed web content. Perhaps the latter can
be done with less effort if there was a way of wrapping the Java WebView in Qt
and embedding that into QML2.

Simon