[Development] Qt5 regression with PathView (or I am missing something?)

Felipe Crochik qt-project at b2-4ac.com
Fri Nov 1 15:38:28 CET 2013

I just filled a bug report (
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-34520) but since I am seeing
other cases where my application crashes due to ASSERT statements on the
scenegraph\coreapi\qsgbatchrenderer.cpp I started wondering if I am missing
something.

On my bug report you will find two cases (with attached code) and I have
already found another one.

I may be wrong about this but it seems that the behavior of PathView on
QtQuick 2 is different than the one on QtQuick 1 (qt4.8) without any
apparent obvious reason. I haven't managed to create a way to reproduce but
it seems that changing the currentIndex by code doesn't actually change the
"currentIndex" immediately (maybe just actually changes the value after the
animation)

p.s. My application is quite simple, "100%" qml/javascript using only plain
qml components and used to work just fine on Qt 4.8

Felipe