[Development] Qt5 regression with PathView (or I am missing something?)

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 06:36:44 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Felipe Crochik <qt-project at b2-4ac.com> wrote:
> I just filled a bug report
> (https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-34520) but since I am seeing
> other cases where my application crashes due to ASSERT statements on the
> scenegraph\coreapi\qsgbatchrenderer.cpp I started wondering if I am missing
> something.

A new Scenegraph renderer was integrated for 5.2, and it's has caused
a few asserts. Thanks for testing the beta, we've squashed a lot of
those already and so you should retry with the RC when it comes out.

> On my bug report you will find two cases (with attached code) and I have
> already found another one.
>
> I may be wrong about this but it seems that the behavior of PathView on
> QtQuick 2 is different than the one on QtQuick 1 (qt4.8) without any
> apparent obvious reason. I haven't managed to create a way to reproduce but
> it seems that changing the currentIndex by code doesn't actually change the
> "currentIndex" immediately (maybe just actually changes the value after the
> animation)

That's just a bug in Qt :) .

As a workaround in most situations, set highlightRangeMode:
PathView.ApplyRange .

> p.s. My application is quite simple, "100%" qml/javascript using only plain
> qml components and used to work just fine on Qt 4.8

Technically there is no behavior compatibility guarantee between
QtQuick 1 and QtQuick 2, but we tried to keep the differences short
and document them all here:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtquick/qtquick-porting-qt5.html . If
something's missing on that page, it should be added. Not sure if bugs
qualify though, I'd rather just fix them than amend the docs.

PS: interest at qt-project.org is probably a better list for asking about
bugs and behavior, I recommend using that list next time.

--
Alan Alpert