[Development] Solaris support in Qt 5?

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sat Nov 2 19:50:50 CET 2013

On 2 November 2013 16:52, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On sábado, 2 de novembro de 2013 13:06:43, John Layt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone knows about the state of Solaris support in
>> Qt 5, or if anyone is actively working on it?  Over in KDE we're
>> ripping out some time zone code that currently supports Solaris and I
>> was wondering if I needed to add Solaris tz support in Qt 5?  If Qt 5
>> doesn't even build on Solaris then I won't worry, but if anyone is
>> working on support then I'd like to work with them to add tz support
>> as I have no intention of setting up a Solaris build system for
>> myself.
>
> It builds. I've seen Sergio do some Solaris fixes a couple of months ago.
>
> But it's not something you have to worry about, John, unless you want to. More
> importantly, without a Solaris machine to test with, you really can't be
> expected to work on anything.
>
> The most we can ask of you is some assistance if someone wants to add Solaris-
> specific QTimeZone support.

OK, it's just David Faure wasn't keen on ripping the working Solaris
code out of ktimezoned unless Qt had replacement code.  Now we know
that Qt 5 at least builds we'll try leave the old code in KDE for now.
 I think it's mostly just different paths to the TZ files, but the
zonetab file format may be a little different too, so I don't want to
do it blind.

Cheers!

John.