[Development] Solaris support in Qt 5?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Nov 2 17:52:58 CET 2013

On sábado, 2 de novembro de 2013 13:06:43, John Layt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows about the state of Solaris support in
> Qt 5, or if anyone is actively working on it?  Over in KDE we're
> ripping out some time zone code that currently supports Solaris and I
> was wondering if I needed to add Solaris tz support in Qt 5?  If Qt 5
> doesn't even build on Solaris then I won't worry, but if anyone is
> working on support then I'd like to work with them to add tz support
> as I have no intention of setting up a Solaris build system for
> myself.

It builds. I've seen Sergio do some Solaris fixes a couple of months ago.

But it's not something you have to worry about, John, unless you want to. More
importantly, without a Solaris machine to test with, you really can't be
expected to work on anything.

The most we can ask of you is some assistance if someone wants to add Solaris-
specific QTimeZone support.