[Development] Qt 4.8.6 Release Plans

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Mon Nov 4 11:46:35 CET 2013

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 06:49:17AM -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On domingo, 3 de novembro de 2013 09:39:18, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> > I've been loosely following the macports effort to port 4.8.x to Mavericks
> > over here: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/40852. It seems like their
> > changes are "working," I can maybe see if I can convince them to push
> > upstream to gerrit.
>
> We can't even click the link. If we read their patches, we can't write the
> same later.

that's nonsense. any simple patch is not subject to copyright (though
it's still good tone to credit the investigator). and anything complex
enough is likely to produce a slightly different patch anyway, even
after seeing the other patch. that's what copyright is about in the
first place: protecting *creative* works.