[Development] Moving JP2 imageformat from qt-solutions to qtimageformats

Mikkel Krautz mikkel at krautz.dk
Fri Nov 8 09:59:22 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Rutledge Shawn <Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com> wrote:

> Still, I don't see a good reason to try to avoid making it available on the other platforms.

I agree.

> As long as we ensure that when the library is missing, the ability to decode the larger versions of the icons is missing (or the ability to decode the icons at all is missing), and that doesn't cause any other problems at runtime, is there any other reason not to have it available?

Agreed, again.  The code already handles this case.  It checks for the
presence of the jp2k Qt image format plugin, and only then will it
attempt to decode the larger sized representations of the icon.

> It's not like we'd have to include the JPEG2000 decoder source with Qt, just have the ability to detect the library and compile the plugin only if it's there, right?

That's how I'm imagining it working as well.  No 3rdparty source tree
needs to be bundled (it isn't bundled in qt-solutions either, at the
moment) - but link against the JasPer lib if it's present on the
system, or JASPER_CFLAGS and JASPER_LIBS are specified to configure
(or however we want it to function).

Mikkel