[Development] Staging changes in release branch

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Nov 13 20:47:11 CET 2013

Hi Lars,

On Wednesday 13 November 2013 19:33:59 Knoll Lars wrote:
> On 13/11/13 18:49, "Sean Harmer" <sean.harmer at kdab.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Tuesday 12 November 2013 12:46:46 Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> We have agreed in release team that Antti Kokko (irc: ankokko) will
> >>
> >>monitor
> >>
> >> all approved changes in release branch and stage all clear ones (fixes
> >>
> >>for
> >>
> >> P1 & P0 issues) automatically. Unclear changes (p2 or lower + changes
> >> without bug ID) will be handled case by case by change owner + release
> >>
> >>team
> >>
> >> (Antti will host discussion via email).
> >>
> >> For you who didn't know: Antti started 1.11.2013 in release team in
> >>
> >>Oulu. A
> >>
> >> lot of work and challenging tasks for him right from the start are the
> >>
> >>best
> >>
> >> way to learn. Whole release team will support Antti with all this!
> >
> >First of all thanks to Antti for taking this on. However, is it wise to
> >have a
> >single person be responsible for this? The issue is that we are still
> >dealing
> >with a CI system that see's issues with tests meaning that some changes
> >take
> >several attempts to get through the CI even if the change is good.
> >
> >Right now there are no changes either staged or integrating which is
> >wasting
> >the precious little time we have before the RC is tagged.
> >
> >I would therefore like to request that we have more than one person able
> >stage changes to help cover times when Antti is not available.
>
> I believe we¹re already doing this. Antti helps to coordinate and stage
> what he can. But other members of the release team and myself can (and
> are) also staging during other hours for the stuff that¹s clear.

OK great thanks. When you get a chance could you stage these please?

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70916
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70848

These have both independently seen the same failure which we think is totally
unrelated.

Also:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71036
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71022

are both related and can go in together.

The following were made by Marc following his analysis earlier today:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71141
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71142
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71143

and can all go in together.

Then for QtDeclarative:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70917

should also hopefully pass all tests now and so could do with another spin
please.

Thanks,

Sean
--