[Development] Build errors with raspbian

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Mon Nov 18 09:57:03 CET 2013

On Friday, November 15, 2013 01:26:16 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 14 de novembro de 2013 23:41:12, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 14, 2013 08:49:04 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > First of all, you seem to be linking statically to glibc. Don't.
> >
> > You seem to start with an assumption that I changed something. Don't.
> >
> > This is using the mkspec for raspberry pi supplied with Qt. I changed
> > nothing.
>
> I'm not assuming you changed anything -- I didn't know you had tried before.

Although I have built Qt for rasbian before, that's not what I meant. I meant
I have not changed any Qt supplied defaults.

> But you are linking statically, which you should not do.
>
> The problem you have is related to the fact that you are statically linking
> to libc and libdl. That is what you should fix.

In that case, one of these must be true:

1) Qt is somehow configured to statically linked to libc and libdl. I see no
obvious code doing that in mkspecs/devices/linux-rasp-pi-g++/qmake.conf

2) Everyone else who is building Qt for raspbian has patched but not
upstreamed. Unlikely.

3) I somehow have introduced the issue locally.

I guess (3) is the most-likely option. The only thing I can think of to cause
something like this is a distro upgrade I did to the new ubuntu a few weeks
ago. I don't know what to look for though.

What can cause static linking to those libs?

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer