[Development] Build errors with raspbian

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Nov 18 10:07:28 CET 2013

On segunda-feira, 18 de novembro de 2013 09:57:03, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I guess (3) is the most-likely option. The only thing I can think of to
> cause  something like this is a distro upgrade I did to the new ubuntu a
> few weeks ago. I don't know what to look for though.
>
> What can cause static linking to those libs?

1) a linker switch (-static)

2) a compiler setting changing the default switch passed to the linker

3) the absence of libc.so, but presence of libc.a

I don't see how a distro upgrade of your host system could have anything to do
with the cross-compiling toolchain for the raspberry pi. Unless, of course,
the toolchain is provided by ubuntu, in which case they might have broken it.

Your initial log is missing important information. There's no full compilation
and linker commands, which would allow us to see whether a -static option is
present or not. Though you've probably already looked for it and found none.

Try to manually compile a simple program that calls dlopen and see if it
works. Then check what it got linked against (objdump -p or readelf -l).