[Development] Qt 5.2rc1(165) iOS problems

Yang Fan missdeer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 05:06:00 CET 2013

According to my test result, RC1(167) works, but some critical bugs exist.
1. Flickable based element such as ListView may hang when scrolling fast,
sometimes but frequently, seemly Android port has the same issue, but
desktop editions are ok.
2. can't make the window maximized or full screen by
QMainWindow/QQuickView's showMaximized() or showFullScreen() method, did I
miss something?
3. qml based application draw clipped incorrectly when the orientation is
changed from portrait to landscape, but the properties that indicate the
window size are right.
4. animation draw performance is much worse than beta.

Hope these bugs could be fixed in the final release.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Ynon Perek <ynonperek at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello All,
>
> I just downloaded the latest 5.2rc1(165) snapshot and tried to build a
> simple QML app on iOS simulator.
>
> The app is built and ran ok, but any actions I try to perform (such as
> clicking a MouseArea) does nothing.
>
> Also, linkage time is significantly longer than in the beta (it takes 2-3
> minutes to build the app now, while in beta it took a few seconds.)
>
> Here’s the QML I tried:
>
> import QtQuick 2.0
>

> Rectangle {
>
>     width: 360
>
>     height: 360
>
>     Text {
>
>         id: _text
>
>         text: qsTr("Hello World")
>
>         anchors.centerIn: parent
>
>     }
>
>     MouseArea {
>
>         anchors.fill: parent
>
>         onClicked: {
>
>             _text.text = "Ouch!"
>
>         }
>
>     }
>
> }
>

> Is QML for iOS supposed to work in RC1(165) ? Any ideas what’s wrong ?
>

> Thanks In Advance,
>
>   Ynon

Regards,
Fan Yang