[Development] ChangeLog updated for 5.2.0

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 23:49:43 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 25 de novembro de 2013 13:21:15, Alan Alpert wrote:
>> The * is for some interesting things I noticed. Of the 3 usages, 2 of
>> them were after Thiago's original email. Which means that if he had
>> run the script on QtDeclarative as well, he'd have gotten only 1 hit.
>> 2 of them had the wrong module name, and 1 of them was arguably
>> ineligible (but I'm still following that up). So there's still quite
>> the manual pass needed, even if [ChangeLog] adoption picks up.
>
> I ran the script on all submodules of qt5.git that produced any listing for
> "git rev-list v5.1.1..origin/release". That is: the module had to be tagged
> for 5.1.1. That means the script did not catch modules that are getting the
> first release now.

My apologies, I did not notice. That raises two questions:

1) Should the qtbase changelog contain all changes from essential
modules, or just the ones in the qtbase repository? i.e. should I
merge the qtdeclarative changelog into it once that gets approved.

2) What to do about that one which was integrated? Remove since it's
now duplicated in the qtdeclarative changelog, or fix that it is under
the wrong module?

--
Alan Alpert