[Development] QtDBus and kdbus

Krzesimir Nowak krzesimir at endocode.com
Tue Nov 26 17:48:00 CET 2013

Hi.

>From what I have seen here and there, there are plans to get rid of
libdbus-1 dependency in QtDBus. I guess that this is to be done by
implementing the DBus protocol from scratch in QtDBus (like GLib has
done with their GDBus). I guess that there would be a some kind of DBus
backend based on UNIX sockets. Were those plans taking into account also
adding another backend basing on kdbus? Would actually adding kdbus
backend to QtDBus be even considered for inclusion?

Not sure how relevant here is the work going on in
git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/ahartmetz/d-sel.git. I guess this is going
to land at some point in QtDBus, no? If I'm going to work on adding
kdbus then should I base my work on it?

Cheers,
Krzesimir
--
Krzesimir Nowak
Software Developer

krzesimir at endocode.com

------
Endocode AG, Johannisstraße 20, 10117 Berlin
info at endocode.com | www.endocode.com

Vorstandsvorsitzender: Mirko Boehm
Vorstände: Dr. Karl Beecher, Chris Kühl, Sebastian Sucker
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: Jennifer Beecher

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg - HRB 150748 B