[Development] New Qt 5.2 snapshot build #172

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Thu Nov 28 12:56:45 CET 2013

On 27 Nov 2013, at 16:24, Ziller Eike <Eike.Ziller at digia.com> wrote:

>>> Adding plugins into the respective frameworks would simplify deployment significantly. macdeployqt's task would be reduced to inspecting the frameworks the app links against, and copying the framework folders into the bundle. Don't need to think about plugins, don't need to mess with install names. It just works.™
>>
>> Yeah.
>
> I’m all for self-contained, relocatable Qt (@rpath, plugins in bundles, etc), and afair the corresponding Qt Project maintainers too. It’s a bit independent from the question of how to distribute Qt packages for developers though.

macdeployqt has been chasing after which plugins to deploy ever since it started to support deploying plugins.

What we need is a per-platform default plugin list for each module. This list should be maintained by the module maintainer. MODULE_PLUGIN_TYPES is a start, perhaps we can use something similar for specific plugins.

Morten