[Development] Bluetooth and NFC vs Reference Platforms

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 11:25:37 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Michael Zanetti <
michael.zanetti at canonical.com> wrote:

> disappearing
> changes/fixes...but
> > >
> > > A missing feature is for me not enough reason to delay the release of a
> > > module. There's always more features we could add to a module. It's
> also
> > > important to get something out and into the hands of people.
> > >
> > > Feature freeze doesn't imply a full API freeze. We have the alpha/beta
> > > period exactly for finding issues and fixing them. A missing signal is
> > > something we can fix if required.
> >
> > Right.
> >
> > However, if there are major defects in the API, they need to be voiced
> now.
> > Like Lars said before, this API isn't new, so people have had the time to
> > look at it.
> >
> > If there are major problems, I expect that they are already known.
> > Therefore, post them.
>
> After having worked quite a bit with the Bluetooth API I wouldn't say it
> has
> major defects any more.

How about getting list of Bound ( and known) Devices from
QBluetoothLocalDevice ( or from somewhere else) ?
Normal use case is that you use device discovery only when you are pairing
new device. After that
you only ask locally that is there device already paired and directly
connect to that one.

I did not found any other practical way to do this that implement it using
Dbus for "normal" Linux
and JNI to Android.

Kate