[Development] Bluetooth and NFC vs Reference Platforms

Blasche Alexander Alexander.Blasche at digia.com
Tue Oct 1 13:54:11 CEST 2013

>From: development-bounces+alexander.blasche=digia.com at qt-project.org [mailto:development-bounces+alexander.blasche=digia.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Kate Alhola

>How about getting list of Bound ( and known) Devices from QBluetoothLocalDevice ( or from somewhere else) ?
>Normal use case is that you use device discovery only when you are pairing new device. After that
>you only ask locally that is there device already paired and directly connect to that one.
>I did not found any other practical way to do this that implement it using Dbus for "normal" Linux
>and JNI to Android.

While you can get the pairing status for an arbitrary address you cannot get a list of a connected device. This requires additional API elements but certainly does not invalidate any API for 5.2 - it is a feature request.

If you have a patch adding this please submit (to dev branch) . Otherwise please file a Jira item for it.

LBNL I have a question. While it is technically possible to do this I am somewhat at a loss for what use case I might need this. That's why it didn't even occur to me to expose those API elements until about 1-2 weeks ago (when somebody else asked for it). At that point it was too late for 5.2.  Any help on my use case question?

--
Alex