[Development] Names of classes in Android Extras

Stromme Christian Christian.Stromme at digia.com
Tue Oct 8 17:20:46 CEST 2013

On Oct 7, 2013, at 8:48 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>> Would this class work with a different JNI? Suppose Qt Jambi wanted to use
>> those classes. Would they even compile?
>>
>Compiling wouldn't be the problem. A few implementation details can work only on Android, namely the way we get the Java VM and ClassLoader, and the way we manage class, method and field references.
>
>Considering this, it's preferable to call them QAndroidJniXxx.
>
>--
>Yoann Lopes
>Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

(Sorry about the formatting/top-posting, I don't have access to a proper mail client atm)

Yes, the classes are very much tailored for Android, and even if we made it more generic, the JNI implementation on android is not 100% compatible with the desktop version, so it might be best to call them QAndroidJniXxx.
There is also some private APIs in core that uses the same naming scheme, can we keep them as-is for now?

--
Christian