[Development] Proposal: Disable ActiveQt from MinGW

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Oct 10 11:24:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm wondering whether we should remove ActiveQt from the MinGW binary packages, and skip it by default if we build for MinGW.

I'm not an expert on ActiveQt, but my understanding is that it's of minor use without an IDL compiler. MinGW doesn't offer one, which is why all examples except the 'webbrowser' one are skipped for MinGW ... and that one crashes:

So, any thoughts on this? Surely the bug above mentioned can be fixed, but is there any use of shipping ActiveQt for MinGW if there is no idl compiler? I understood you can't just use the Microsoft midl one ...

Regards

Kai
--
   Kai Köhne, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
   Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius