[Development] Qt 5.2 Testing

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Mon Oct 14 10:07:39 CEST 2013

Hi all!

We managed to update qt5.git during the weekend and so on we have new snapshot available for testing. According to plan Qt5.2 beta release is this Thursday (17th Sep) so we are really hoping you could help us to verify these packages and tell if there is still some issues which must be fixed before we can release the beta. These aren't final beta packages (because there is still some issues to be fixed, see list below) but near that so we need your feedback really quickly!

  1.  Beta 1 packages are available here (win32 bit MSVC 2012 missing because of webkit OOM issue):
http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.2/5.2.0-beta1/2013-10-14_01-57-18-92/
  2.  Qt bug reports should be reported in JIRA:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/
  3.  The Sanity Test Guidelines can be used during testing:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Sanity-Test-Guidelines
  4.  Feel free to report your testing effort via:
http://testresults.qt-project.org/forms/release-testing/

Below is listed open errors listed as a blocker for the beta (Some of those are already fixed but status is still open). Please tell if you see some is missing.

o   https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-28357: QML apps based on QQuickViewer are not runnable using static build of Qt 5 due to "qtquick2plugin" issue

o   https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33660: Packaging: Patch prl files for Android

o   https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33678: Remove BluetoothDiscoveryModel inconsistency

o   https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33801: QBluetoothTransferRequest constructor accepts invalid address