[Development] Qt 5.2 Testing (System tray)

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 18:42:38 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com
> wrote:

> On segunda-feira, 14 de outubro de 2013 18:55:56, Jiergir Ogoerg wrote:
> > To test qt4 I did "sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev", that is, the libs
> that
> > come with Ubuntu. I'm not a Qt developer so I hope you guys figure out
> why
> > (Ubuntu's) Qt4 works and (the offline version of) Qt5.2 beta doesn't.
> Since
> > Ubuntu is the most popular distro I would guess it's worth spending some
> > time investigating this issue, I'm just a Qt user so I don't know how Qt
> > works underneath.
>
> If they patch Qt, we can't do much.

Disclaimer: I'm not ubuntu packager.

For their patch, can be obtained from here,
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/q/qt4-x11/qt4-x11_4.8.4+dfsg-0ubuntu9.debian.tar.gz

and related one is

kubuntu_14_systemtrayicon.diff

Which they introduce a new plugin type for tray, and used by this package:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/raring/sni-qt

Looks like this hasn't ported yet to Qt5. (Qt5 has such qpa plugin for
systray so I guess patch on qt is not required anymore, but needs some one
to implement that).