[Development] Difficulties using Qt's new categorized logging. How to install filters?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 14:49:18 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hi Kai,

Now i finally get how it works! But why is it done this way? It just
doesn't smell like the Qt way of doing things. Here is an example of
how i would've expected something like this to work:

QLoggingCategory newCategory("some.new.category");
newCategory->setEnabled(QtDebugMsg, true);
QLoggingCategory::installFilter(newCategory);

Like that or something alike. So why isn't it done like that?
You have to agree with me that this looks a lot cleaner and much more
"the Qt way" then what is currently the situation?