[Development] ML for QtWebEngine

Zeno Albisser Zeno.Albisser at digia.com
Tue Oct 15 17:27:05 CEST 2013

Once again from the correct address.

On Oct 15, 2013, at 5:06 PM, Matt Broadstone <mbroadst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not that I am really interested in debating such a decision, but I'm not quite sure I see the noise you guys are referring to. I've been signed up to the webkit-qt ML for some time and it's basically just a spam service for status meeting bot messages (which at this point conveys very little information). Is there a secret place where a bunch of emails regarding qt webkit and webegine are ending up? Barring the existence of that, why not just keep the discussions on this list and keep the whole community involved until such a day arises that it really does become too much to handle here? I, for one, support a path forward where I don't have to sign up for another ML, and make yet another filter for my inbox ;)

You might understand, that many people feel quite reluctant to send an email to a list that goes to hundreds of people instead of the relatively small amount of people that actually has a real interest in the project.
The threshold for asking a question or sharing some feedback is higher. So instead of sending a mail, a lot of these discussions are currently just happening in our irc channel where people cannot easily read up on a discussion at all. - I don't think that's something you would be arguing for in favor. You used to be in #qtwebengine yourself as well some time ago. That is the "secret place" where the information is currently going.
Also, if you consider the current webkit-qt ML spam, then you would probably not want that on the dev ML either.

But it does not make sense to reason about traffic on qtwebkit. These are separate projects and we do obviously not discuss qtwebengine on the qtwebkit mailing list. Because there you would not expect it for sure.

- Zeno