[Development] Conditional Deprecation Warnings

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Wed Oct 16 15:36:44 CEST 2013

On Saturday 12 October 2013 18:33:00 Keith Gardner wrote:
> > > I had an idea about making conditional deprecation warnings for
> > > functions
> > > in Qt based on the destination platform.
> >
> > That might be useful, actually.
> >
> > But not for this case. Trying to call nativeArguments() on a non-Windows
> > platform already signals the problem with a full error. It's impossible to
> > ignore this.
>
> Here are my changes:
>
> Added Q_DECL_DEPRECATED_X(text)
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,68028

Maybe there should also be a QT_DEPRECATED_X to go with QT_DEPRECATED
and we should use QT_DEPRECATED_X ourselfs.

> Added Q_DECL_DEPRECATED_CONDITIONAL(conditional, text)
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,68040

Is there really an advantage of using this, which cannot work with complex
expression  vs.

#ifdef Q_OS_WIN
Q_DECL_DEPRECATED_X("Not avaialble on windows")
#endif
void myFunction();

--
Olivier