[Development] QApplication startup is again slower

Jiergir Ogoerg f35f22fan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:30:37 CEST 2013

Hi,
how do I get the version of the first qt 5.2 (pre-)beta from Oct 10 2013
(when it was announced)? That is, what's the exact git command and params
since I can't figure it out.

Why:
I recall using that version and QApplication starting up quickly - as it
should - in like 70-80ms, now it takes ~130-150ms.

Since the version from Oct 10 2013 isn't available in prebuilt form I'd
like to get the source code, compile for myself and check again to make
sure I'm right and report eventually.

PS:
As the story goes: from Qt5.0 to Qt 5.2 on Linux there was a regression
which made QApplication start in like 230ms, then it was fixed (in the
first Qt5.2 betas) and startup took like 70-80ms, but then a regression
apparently trickled in again and now it takes about 140ms.