[Development] Removing libudev dependency from binary packages?

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:40:10 CEST 2013

On 22 October 2013 12:35, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> PS.: But yes, so much for Linux distributions keeping binary compatibility.
> :/

PS: there is no such concept for non-LSB software. For those, you just
need to compile it against the distribution itself; binaries produced
by other means have no such guarantees. It's probably something we
should be more aware of when we introduce a dependency on a new
"system" library. (Or we might ditch the "linux installers" as they
are now, and provide deb/rpm packages for the major distributions).

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo